„Lifestyle is a constant source for contemporary floristry„
- 1958 (May 31) Born and raised in a „florists“ family in Minden / Germany
- 1976 graduation / diploma business school (Commercial College)
- 1978 graduation / diploma floristry school and practical training
- 1979/80 head of young florists group NRW/Ostwestfalen
- 1980/81 participation Silver Rose Competition of NRW (4th and 2nd)
- 1983 Florist-master’s certificate in Bonn (Friesdorf Champion of the year)
- 1983 Silver Rose of NRW winner
- 1984 German Cup / Golden Rose winner
- 1985 Interflora World Cup winner, Detroit / USA (champion from 1985 – 89) Til now being the only German who won this competition
- Since 1985 as a freelance consultant, lecturer and designer for professional associations, trade shows, schools and companies across the world
- 1985 wedding to Bernhild Wagener (Florist master). In subsequent years, Anna and Tim Wagener are born
- 1993 Foundation (with 3 other partners) of the publishers and the agency FMS Floristry Marketing Service GmbH, based in Ratingen (renamed in 2006 BLOOM’s GmbH) Worked as a managing director and creative director of Bloom’s studio in Minden
- In 1994, the first profil floral DESIGN magazine appears. The concept combines floristry with lifestyle and trends
- 1998 „Floral Design“, the first personal book is published
- In the following years many other titles published for professionals and consumers i.e. “Evergreen”, “Flower Fascination”, “Floral Art” , …..
- 2003 included in the encyclopaedia „Who is Who“
- 2005 beginning of the flower design television series in the WDR /German channel
- 2006 „Two Faces“, a collaboration with Gregor Lersch as a design book and show concept
- 2008 „New Faces“, the professional youth development concept takes off
- In addition, working as a lecturer (workshop + shows), but also as a trend scout and consultant for the green and decorative industry.
- 2012 „Architecture and Plants“ – a new book appears which will form the link between floristry, life and living.
- 2013/14 new books will follow and the 20. anniversary of profil floral DESIGN will be celebrated.
Klaus Wagener in January 2013